Pages

Wednesday 24 November 2021

Writing Task

Writing Task - Five Senses!


Today you have a different kind of writing challenge. Today you will not be writing AS MUCH as you can. Yesterday you were limited by the amount of words you can use in your story.


Here is what you must do.


  • Choose one of the photo prompts as the subject for your writing

  • Write a short descriptive piece of writing as though YOU were in the scene.

  • Use your 5 senses to describe what it is like to be there, and what it must feel like. (Sight, touch, taste, sound, smell).

  • You don’t have to use all 5 senses, but try to!


Five Senses

Sight 

What are the interesting visual parts of the scene?

“Tree tops bend and sway as the wind sweeps through the forest”

Touch

What sensations do your hands, feet, and skin feel in the scene?

“The ground shook beneath my feet, and the cold wind felt like I had swallowed an ice cube”

Taste

What is the taste in my mouth? How does it feel?

“I winced as I swallowed the bitter medicine. YUCK!”

Sound

What are the interesting noises in my scene? 

“As the sun rose we were greeted by the songs of birds, and the gentle rush of wind through the trees”

Smell

What are the things in my scene that give off a smell? What kind of things am I smelling?

“As I finished the last side of the house the smell of freshly cut grass filled my nostrils”


You can use one of these photos for inspiration, or you can be creative and come up with one all on your own!









PLAN:



Who are you in this scene?

The boy on the bridge 

What is happening in the scene?

I am walking across the bridge which is over a deep ravine.


What do I see?

What can I feel?

What do I taste?

What do I hear?

What can I smell?

Trees, plants, bushes, water, flowers, fruits and a bridge.

The wind is pushing against and the heat of the Sun is harsher because I am so high up in the sky.

I can taste the sweet air and already taste the fruit.

I can hear the water flow, Birds tweeting, the wind and the bridge  creaking.

I can smell the jew drops and smell a sweet aroma coming from the flowers




Begin your writing here:

It all began ♬In the Jungle the mighty were the lion sleeps tonight, in...♬ as I was saying in a jungle with a long rope bridge which was above a deep ravine which had a stream of water. I then saw mighty palm trees and beautiful green Hedges on the other side of the bridge. I could smell the aroma of perfume soaring through the wind which was from the blooming roses across the bridge. I could feel the heat of the sun pressing against me like the wind and the bridge beneath me was rickety like it was going to collapse which it didn’t. The air tasted sweet and the fruit was like it had already entered my mouth. I could hear birds tweeting and the water stream flowing with the sound of the bridge scaring me to the bone for it kept on making a creaking sound on every step. But this was a fantastic journey through a land of Adventure.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.