Pages

Wednesday 27 October 2021

Recount Writing

 Recount Writing


How you belong and fit in at school is important to you and your development. The way you interact with others and how you learn play an important part in your school identity. Think about your classroom and school being like a bit of extended family that you get to see everyday. 

Today, you will be writing a recount. It is important in Recount writing to make sure we use our

 5 W ’s (Who, What, When, Where, Why) and their cousin How.


Bronze - One Paragraph

Silver Two Paragraphs

Gold - Three or more Paragraphs

Medal Achieved:


Gold, Silver, Bronze awards icons by Aidan Dore on Dribbble

Start by choosing a topic that you would like to write about.

TOPIC ONE: 

Remember back to your first day of school this year. Write about your first day and meeting your new teacher. How did this go? How did you feel?

TOPIC TWO:

Think of a time when we were at school where you felt really happy. What were you doing? Were you playing with your friends? Learning about something new?


Who was there with you?:

Where and when did this happen?:

What happened and how?:

Begin your writing here:

Paragraph 1: It all started on the 9th of February 2021. It was that time of the year again where I had to go to school to learn more things. I was so excited to see my old friends and find out who my new teacher was. It would be time to finally see Elijah, Izyn and Jacob once more. 


Paragraph 2: As I got ready for school I pondered the question: who was my teacher for the year?  Little did I know it was going to be Teachers.  When I got in the car I was still bound to that very same question: who would it be? After a few minutes driving I had finally arrived at Pt England School. I said bye to whoever was in the car and worked my way to the crossing where I saw the big red gates with an Electronic sign showing a lot of things. 


Paragraph 3: It had been a while since I last saw a teacher as I waited I bumped into some familiar faces. I said “Hi” and they said hi back. After a while the bell rang and we migrated to the hall. After the assembly we were told which teacher’s we were going with. I was shocked to hear that I was with Mrs Lagitupu because she was my extension teacher. It was also surprising to find out Miss West took her place. I also found I have three teachers. So from there I climbed and climbed to the peak of my intelligence. The End. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.