Pages

Monday 10 August 2020

Brazil Writing

Lost in Brazil

aerial photography of cityscape near sea


WALT organise our ideas into paragraphs.


Your writing task: You are in a team competing in the Amazing Race. You have just landed in Rio de Janeiro and you are lost! You have found a person to help you however they don’t speak English! Write to them so they can translate it into Portuguese.


PLAN:


Introduction

Who are you?

Where are you from?

Why are you in Brasilia?

How are you feeling?

Body

Who are you travelling with?

Body

How long are you staying and where are you staying?

Body

Where are you trying to go?

Body

What are you needing help with?

Conclusion

What is the purpose of this note?

Thanks



START WRITING:

___________________________________________________________________

My name is Franklin and I have just landed from Rio de Janeiro airport. I've just come from California. I was told that I was to participate in a São Paulo Marathon in Brazil. I was feeling energetic and excited about this race. 


I was travelling with my friend Jason because he was also invited to the race and we were in the same team. But we had a problem  we were lost. But we met this man who knew the way but he didn’t speak english he spoke portuguese. He was kind and offered to give us a hotel room that he would pay for. We only stayed at the hotel for two days. me and jason realised that we had paper and pencils to write down what we want. When I looked at my watch I realized that the race was in half an hour. We had 30 minutes to get there. So we asked him to write down where the race was. He wrote “a Maratona de São Paulo é na Corrida de São Silvestre” so we thanked him and went looking for someone that was portuguese and could speak english. Luckily we found someone. It was a girl whose name was Sarah. She translated it and it said “ the São Paulo Marathon is in Saint Silvester Road” we thanked her and then we were on our way.  I looked at my watch again. The Marathon was in 10 minutes so we called a taxi and we just made it on time.


The meaning of this story is that you must always help each other and to always thank people 

___________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.